Let me just quickly brag about all the things I've achieved today:
- Getting up early enough to let the boys cycle to school (them cycling means me walking and pushing Matthew in the pram of course, as Matthew can't do the distance quickly enough - we think it's about a mile from our house to the school gate).
- Walking all the way back home, without getting sweaty!
- Cleaning our hellishly messy living room, which took four hours (the mess was a year's worth of Thomas's doodlings and writings - there were great piles of papers lying around - he's creative and that's wonderful, but I think it's about time I taught him to tidy up after himself). Very hard work, I am great.
- Cooking a healthy and nutritious hardly-any-fat-at-all toasted sandwich for me and Matthew, which we ate with salad, whilst sitting outside in the healthy fresh air.
- Having much fun talking and talking with Matthew, as he pottered about and helped with the tidying or played with some freshly found lost toys that I had just rooted out of a mountainous pile of stuff.
- Walking back to school to collect the big boys. The sun had come out now, and it was too hot for walking to school in jeans - had I known the sun would come out, I would have put my shorts on.
- Sitting down to do homework with Thomas (only bad thing today: lost patience with poor Thomas, because he's stubborn about maths homework; must remember that losing patience does not help Thomas to learn maths, and also that Thomas gets half of his stubbornness from me!) and did manage to teach him one or two useful things. Thomas left the table smiling :)
- Cooking very healthy and nutritious meal of tuna steaks, with very special olive oil and dill/chervil/parsley dressing with prawns, and jacket potatoes with sour cream, and crunchy mange tout. Now that was very special. Kev missed it because he had to go out with work people - poor Kev.
- Dancing with the boys, when some very funky sixties jazz tune came on the radio. We danced like loonies, which is one of our favourite things to do. We always like to leave the blinds open in the living room when we dance, just to make sure that the neighbours can see us and know that we are loonies.
- Putting the boys to bed, and although starting to get rather tired, still persevering and doing the washing up! How's about that for motivation?! I usually leave it until the morning when I'm this tired :)
- Being a very clever girl, and doing my second, very difficult, proofreading assignment from start to finish. (I have just finished it now, and although it's very difficult to say, I think I have done quite well. I'm sure I haven't spotted every mistake, and there will probably be things that I've marked up incorrectly, but I can't expect to get full marks. But I do have a feeling that I've done quite well. I seemed to spot a bit of everything that I've been asked to learn so far, and I believe that I have made sure that I have not made the same mistakes as in the first assignment. But I've got a couple or three weeks to wait until I find out my marks.)
- Oh, and another little achievement - writing a blog entry about my day :)
Here is a low quality picture of the high quality tuna that I cooked for tea this evening (which the boys loved, and devoured!):