THIS LITTLE LIFE

!

Sunday 27 February 2011

I have a first draft almost complete.  Mm-hmm, yes I do.  I don't quite know how it managed to get so finished, because I really haven't spent all that much time on it.  But there we are.  Of course, it needs a lot more work to make it presentable.  The beginning and the end are quite good, but the whole of the middle (probably about 40,000 words) is rubbish.  But at least it's all there, and there's plenty to work on.  So I've just had a very brief search for literary agents, and I found two that seem suitable straight away.  They both prefer to accept submissions by email, which suits me.  I'll try one of them first and see if I get anywhere.  I suppose it depends on what they're looking for at the time, as much as anything else.  (Obviously it also depends on whether or not my book is any good - it might well be awful, but how would I know, since I'm too close to it?!)

That's pretty much all I have to say about that.  I'm actually quite excited (I know it's difficult to tell from my tone), but I still have a lot of work to do, so I'm not getting carried away.  But I think it was a good thing to take a look at the agents' websites, because it's given me a sort of internal timetable.  I'd like to have something ready to submit in a month or two.

In other writing, I have been very lazy.  I have published a few hubs (see right) and they've been moderately well received.  I don't know whether or not it is really worth my while writing hubs, whether I will actually gain anything from them, but I love to do them.  And I suppose I am producing a body of work that an agent can take a look at if they want to.

Ooh, a visitor has arrived.  Ta ta.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment