THIS LITTLE LIFE

!

Friday 12 February 2010

Well, this is a funny thing - I've come home from dropping the kids off at school, and I actually feel like blogging. I will do this for a few minutes before getting down to some novelling.
Tonight my brother - Noomski - is coming round for a top secret meeting. We had an idea for a little project, and he is coming to discuss ideas. We have many things to look at for our research, and many notes to take. It's a very simple idea, but it will take quite a serious amount of planning and discussion. We are going to collaborate on something exciting. I won't say what it is yet, incase it doesn't get off the ground. But I have a positive feeling about the project, because this year is mine and Noomski's first official Year of Achievement :) I have a Book of Achievements, that I write in at the end of every day - alright, the achievements are sometimes as banal as managing to get the washing up done on a day when I'm tired, but it makes me find something positive in each day even if I've been thinking that I've achieved nothing at all, and I go to bed feeling good about myself. Quite often though I've achieved lots in a day. I get three mornings a week to write, and at the moment I'm getting plenty done. And when I've done well in the morning, it has the knock on effect of making me want to write more in the evenings. Smashing :)

I feel that I should include a picture in every post - is it absolutely necessary? I dunno, but photos are important to me, so I shall put 'em in. There is a shortage of photos of me, because I am usually the one behind the camera - because it is MY camera! Millions of photos of my kids, but to be honest, I don't really want to put photos of my kids on here because this is a blog about MEEEEEEE! There are photos of the kiddies on facebook, which you can see if you are my friend :)

Well, I am going to go and do some writing on The Big Project now. Then I will look into agents after that. Who knows which agent is the right one? How does one go about approaching an agent? What if one is having trouble finding an agent? Is it better to go it alone, and not use an agent at all? I doubt it, not for me at any rate, since I'm a complete novice and know nothing about negotiating and publishing deal :S All questions for the Writers' and Artists' Yearbook, which is winging its way to me as we speak; it might even arrive today!

I like this blog - it is far, far, far easier than the one I was using (though not 'arf as pretty :( ). I will post a link to this from my website I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment