THIS LITTLE LIFE

!

Saturday 13 November 2010

Day 26.

:)  Four days to go after this.

Thomas has really caught the reading bug now.  He has moved the cuddly toys from the shelf beside his bed (near the ceiling, he's on the top bunk) and replaced them with some books that he plans to read.  He has started Black Beauty and he is actually reading the words at bed time.  This is the first time he's done this.  He reads to me most days, but I've not managed to convince him to read to himself until now.  He's always pretended to read the words, but has just looked at the pictures.  But last night he read four pages, and kept calling me in to tell me what was happening.  It was all rather exciting.  I asked him if he enjoyed reading in bed, and he said that he loved it and was going to read forever now.

This morning he took Black Beauty to football, and while James was playing Thomas did a little more reading, sitting on a ball, resting again a wall, with a blanket over his legs.  He didn't read much in the end, because he got distracted by Matthew I think, but he has kept the book with him all day.  Very sweet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment